Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences leaves for Seattle
After five years, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences Fr. Stephen Rowan is leaving UP to work at the Archdiocese of Seattle, where he will be the Superintendent of Catholic Schools.
While the University searches for a new dean, Ethics Professor Michael Andrew will serve as the interim dean, when Rowan leaves Aug. 15.
"In his five years as dean, the College has grown in all areas, students, faculty, programs and increasing external recognition of excellence," University President Fr. Bill Beauchamp said in an email. "His leadership and hard work have been responsible for the impressive growth of the College, and it is almost impossible to think of any development over the past five years that he has not shepherded."
May 4, there will be a reception in honor of Rowan in Buckley Center room 163 from 3:30 to 5 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Beacon News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE BEACON NEWS
RECENT THE BEACON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer
- 10 Things to Know About the New HiSET High School...